Photography ~ Cooking ~ Life

Monday, January 23, 2012

Barn Charm #69

This barn appears to be sitting out in the middle of nowhere, and in a way it is, but on one of the busiest rural roads I've ever traveled!

A few weeks back when we actually had some drier weather (not sunny, just drier) I tried to back track to an area where I had passed several barns late last fall. As luck would have it, I didn't find the road I was looking for, but I did stumble upon this beauty.

Rural, yes. Busy, yes. There is a middle school that sits not far from this barn, at a four way stop. I pass this road all the time from 'my' side of things, but I never drive it. I had no idea that it was such a busy thoroughfare. As the cars passed by, I'm sure there was more than on person wondering why I was standing there photographing a barn.

It was worth it I think. Serendipitous.



Visit Bluff Area Daily to see more of Barn Charm #69.

To those who visited my blog last Monday and left your wonderful comments, I want to apologize. The week totally got away from me and I didn't get a chance to visit any of your blogs. We've had an interesting new year so far, with what seems like one crisis after another (including yet another appliance going out and the search for one comparable). This week I should be back on track.

21 comments:

Rose said...

I often wonder what people think of me with my camera...probably think I am crazy and they wouldn't be wrong.

anyway, this is a fine structure...I would like to see it in different lighting.

Marydon said...

Carole, you captured this barn so beautifully. Oh, the stories & memories that these walls have shared ...
Have a wonderful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

TexWisGirl said...

a very pretty photo!

Carletta said...

I think if I worried too much about what people were thinking I probably wouldn't have many pics to post. :)
I really like the charming addition on the side that looks like a porch.
Glad you took that road.

EG Wow said...

Glad you stopped to take the photo of this barn. I'm sure there are tons of people wondering why we are taking photos of old barns. But more than a few people have smiled and waved at me so I think they get it. :)

Southwest Arkie said...

Nice shot- definitely worth the effort!

Beth said...

wow, i think that is a keeper. one for a postcard front or a greeting card. lovely!! i sure hope you have a save box some where to keep all these great barns. (:

Lesley said...

Yes, definitely worth it.
Many of my barns are shot through the open window as I sit on the shoulder of the road and I have a fear that some kind person will stop to ask if I need assistance!

Elaine said...

Wonderful shot!! Don't feel alone--there are a lot of us crazy people out there with you taking photos along the road, and all having a great time doing it too, especially when we get home and see the results.

Ruta said...

I also wonder what people are thinking when I stop to photograph barns too. This one is great...worth stopping for!

Mari said...

You got a great shot here! I love the processing too!

Kim, USA said...

A beautiful barn find. Awesome shot!

Barn

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

That is one beautiful barn. Great photo!

Jan n Jer said...

Good one...glad you took the time to photograph it!

Tanya said...

this is just beautiful!

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

I really like your editing on this one, really enhances the barn!
I know what you mean by people passing & thinking why this woman is photographing a barn... but we love barns & they'll just have to deal w/ it, right! =)

Thanks so much for joining this week's Barn Charm =)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I'm always shy about taking pictures. My post for Barn Charm this week, I got lots of honks and I think some of them were to startle me, which they did! Charming barn and I love your post processing~sweeeet. Serendipity is a wonderful thing :)

thirdhandart said...

This is a very charming barn! It was worth it. The color editing is beautiful too.

I don't mind the funny looks I get when I'm taking photos of barns. I just don't want don't get into trouble with the barn's owner.

CTBruce said...

That's a great looking barn. I love that metal roof too.

Linda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - gave me a chance to find you! Great barn shot...we are just crazy about barns, aren't we? Nice treatment of the photo too! I have found that if I have my tripod or monopod, people think I'm a professional and must be doing something to earn money...I have overheard some pretty funny comments from people when I have been using mine.

Margaret said...

Like the shadow play here as well ... has a nostalgic feeling to it. I trudge all over the roadside now and I rarely give it a thought any more. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails