Photography ~ Cooking ~ Life

Monday, March 19, 2012

Barn Charm #77

Tricia will have seen this photograph before, as she noticed it at my photo blog back in May of last year. She asked permission to link it to Barn Charm, but since only one person saw it I've decided to recycle it for this weeks entry (click on it to enlarge). :-)


The barn is a simple wood and metal structure, still in use for sheep and cattle, but a little worse for wear. The property is most likely an old homestead from a donation land claim, this being a historic area dating back to the Oregon Trail and mid-1800s. Of course as times have changed the house and property have been built up around, and with road reconfigurations it now sits in a fairly busy area, as rural areas go. lol

I drive by this place many a time when the sun is setting, and it always catches my eye. I finally pulled over a couple of summers ago to take a long overdue shot. I love the wooden windmill, standing erect and proud. These days most windmills are the metal variety, a handful even the more modern turbines. There's something distinctly romantic about a wooden windmill and the thoughts that it evokes in our mind. A different time. When life wasn't necessarily easier, but was more simple, and in some ways happier than our current fast paced times. A lifestyle unknown to most of us living today. A memory for others.

Please visit Bluff Area Daily to view other great barns of the week.

18 comments:

heyBJK said...

Wow! That is gorgeous, Carole! I love the clouds and the windmill. Fantastic shot!

Linda said...

What a beautiful setting for that barn! Loved everything about this one!

Tanya said...

worth being recycled for sure!

Beth said...

i love the clouds. awesome shot!! (:

Rose said...

I am glad you did...fabulous sky!

whitey said...

What a beautiful spot!

Snap said...

You really do nice things with your camera! :D :D

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful photo.

Regards and best wishes

Mari said...

Glad you reposted - this is a beautiful shot! I love that windmill!

thirdhandart said...

Love the editing on this great capture! The wooden windmill is gorgeous.

Elaine said...

Beautiful scene!

Lesley said...

I agree about those old wooden windmills. This one is a beauty. I think I would look forward to my drive home is this is what I was treated to!

(and thanks for making the effort to comment on the signs blog for my other barn post!)

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

YaY YaY YaY! I'm so glad you did! It really IS a very beautiful shot!

Thanks so much =)

TexWisGirl said...

that is spectacular! thanks for 'dredging it up' for us!

Carletta said...

You definitely caught the light at the right moment - stunning!

thesedaysofmine.com said...

Hi, Carole,
thanks for stopping by my place and commenting.
This is one gorgeous photo! What a catch!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a beautiful photo Carole. The windmill really stands out against the clouds. I'm so glad you shared it again.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my barns.

Debbie said...

oooohhhh thats just so beautiful. gorgeous sky and clouds!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails