Photography ~ Cooking ~ Life

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Subway Art - Free Printable

You've no doubt seen the colorful and varied subway art available for free all across the web.

Though originally (and technically) meant to be done in black and white and all horizontal, subway art has been taken to a whole new level of artistic creativity. Each piece uses varying colors and fonts, and there are some wonderful pieces available out there, for free, thanks to the generosity of the artists who design and share them.

And yet, when I went to look for a summer themed piece, nothing I found was quite 'me'.

So, this afternoon I set out to learn how to make my own. I'm very happy with the result, and am looking forward to making more in the future (hopefully at a faster pace than this one - learning curve!).

My piece is made at 16" x 20" (300 dpi) and can be sized down to suit your needs. My own needs are a mere 8" x 10" (at least at the present time), but I wanted to make it larger for those who can use larger (and if making one of these, it may as well be made larger to begin with).

I've made one in white, and one in black (for those who want a bolder look).

It's free for your own personal use. Please leave a comment as you pass through, let me know that you were here. :-)

Simply click on the image, which will take you to a new window, right click and save to your computer. :-)

Enjoy!






3 comments:

Linda said...

I am completely clueless about Subway art...not sure what you mean. I like the graphic you put together though - it definitely says summer to me!

Snap said...

Well done, Carol! Tributes to summer.

Gwen said...

I have a hard time finding subway art that is all me as well. You did a good job on yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails