Photography ~ Cooking ~ Life

Monday, February 10, 2014

Clothes Shopping

One of my least favorite things to do EVER.

I HATE shopping for clothes!

I used to buy the majority of my clothing at JC Penny, and Target. Last summer I scored quite a few things from the latter, but I haven't found anything at Penny's in a couple of years. The brands that I used to like are gone. I don't even bother going there anymore.

The Eddie Bauer factory store used to be an occasional haunt (for tops mostly), but I haven't had any luck there in a long time either.

Then there's Kohl's.

Sometimes I find things, sometimes I don't.

Today was a definite don't.

I had hoped to find a couple of pairs of jeans and some tops, but I had no luck whatsoever. Kohl's is the only store that still carries the jeans I like, but they were completely out of my size. And every top that I tried on fit weird, either through the arm area, or across the chest.

I mean really, can someone please explain to me what is up with the underarms on tops? Regardless of the size they hang down 2" below my actual armpit. Plus, they usually fit weird through the chest. I have a chest, but I'm not THAT big. lol

It's just so incredibly frustrating. I don't like shopping much anymore anyway (unless it's for the house or art supplies - lol), and when clothing sizes and fit are so out of whack (more than usual), it's even more so. I know I'm not the only women who goes through this, but seriously.

I really need a personal tailor. I like/need well fitted clothing.

I wish I liked and was better at sewing. It's not less expensive to do, but I might be able to come up with some pieces that fit, or could be made to fit.

Sigh.

Stepping down off my rant box now.

I apologize, but it had to be done.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I pretty much only find clothes for me at Kohl's. That is if the other big girl doesn't get there before me because they don't stock that much in my size. It is very frustrating! I did score a few things right around Christmas. I think the other big girl was too busy buying gifts for others and neglected herself. I on the other hand scored 2 jackets and a shirt or two! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails