Photography ~ Cooking ~ Life

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Crock Pot Cooking


A couple of friends have persuaded me to put my crock pot to better use.

Which at the present time, with mine having issues, isn't as easy as it may sound.

There was a time when I used it at least once a week, sometimes more, but once my current one developed 'hot spots' and actually started burning food, I wasn't comfortable leaving it unattended for any length of time.

Kind of the point of a crock pot.

I'm still in research mode about which model to buy next. Many people have suggested West Bend, including women who just walk up to me while I'm browsing crock pots in the store. lol I've owned several different brands over the years, but these days, no matter the research, they all seem to get relatively similar reviews. I think it's going to be a matter of simply closing my eyes and pointing to one. Then hoping that it lasts more than a handful of years. Sigh.


In the meantime, when I'm not far from home I'm using the current one more.

Hubby was excited to have lentil soup last week (it's been a long time), and also beef stew (which we don't have very often).




And I made fancy-schmancy homemade (from scratch) biscuits too. 


I love cooking. I truly do. lol

1 comment:

Snap said...

It all looks yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails